We have a couple of mandatory field trips during the weekday. Some of the places we have visited in the past are
- The Department of Higher Education (KPT), Putrajaya
- The Department of Islamic and Moral Education (JPIM)
- The Department of Islamic Development in Malaysia (JAKIM), Putrajaya
- The Halal Industry Development Corporation (HDC), Petaling Jaya
- Islamic Economic Development Malaysia (YaPEIM)
- An Islamic primary school
- A secondary school for those who want to become a Hafiz/Hafizah (Learning the entire Quran by heart)
- A national Islamic radio station (IKIM.fm)
The destination for the field trips varies each year depending on availability and how it fits with the rest of the schedule.
So far, we’ve been treated as very distinguished guests and been treated to lunch/dinner and shown great hospitality. It is therefore important for us to behave properly and take responsibility for representing SMA-APIUM in the best of ways during these visits!